View Single Post
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th June 2013, 11:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKTOP View Post
Will never forget goin to flookbrogh with ben farrow your dad and harry lion your dad and benny ended up sleeping in my caravan with your dad on the floor on a lilo what a weekend that was alass the all be supping aldi cheep beer up ther together again
Not the right thread Nigel, but I miss the old boys. Benny Farrow, My dad, my Uncle George, Roy Wakefield, Harry and many others. Not forgeting Morris Jackson and Dennis Bainbridge if they are still alive. The craic in the North East, Yorkshire and Scotland was brilliant. Proper old boys and sadly missed. Pickering, Masham, Hunton, Temple Newsom, Driffield, Duncolm Park and the old Chester le Street rally among others. Aberdeen, Elgin etc, etc. Great days and great people. All great steam boys and not any malaise against anyone else. Whatever you had you had. Whatever it was.( a Roller, conversions, road loco, showmans, it didnt matter) it was steam at the end of the day. But I will never forget Benny with the cling film around Pride & Joy. .....................and we're ever he went, (it was the best steak he ever had). Got bless them all and RIP... Going back to the Innishannon thread, both bennys engine and my dads are in Ireland, hopefully enjoying a good life.