View Single Post
  #35  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th September 2014, 08:55 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Rob Barker

Yes a brilliant day, even for us public! Wonderful atmosphere everywhere I went. I smiled as I was driving away along one of the routes & the tarmac was all white as so many metal wheels had been over it.

One issue which has not been addressed was the appalling traffic jam caused by the parking of a couple of rollers outside a pub on the narrowest of roads, barely a hundred yards from the gate. This delayed the return of many engines by a considerable amount, as well as countless disgruntled motorists. One angry driver, after sitting for maybe 20 mins was walking around asking people whether there was a marshal around which clearly there wasn't. By the time I left at about 5.45 there was a long queue of engines one way & a long queue of cars the other, both unable to get through.

I appreciate that this event took a massive amount of organisation but this isolated but protracted event was a thing which could have easily been avoided.

I videoed every engine I saw but thought maybe people would find it boring if I posted it all! If anyone has a specific request then I'm happy to sort it if I have it.