View Single Post
  #28  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st April 2010, 01:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jim Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mine Explorer View Post
I realise this might be a bit of a radical suggestion for some to comprehend, but has anyone considered the possibility that perhaps the owners don't want all of their engines restored to working order?? ...and if that's the case, then is it too much to ask for people to respect that wish??

What's wrong with a lump of machinery being left 'as is'?
It can still be 'wanted' and 'appreciated' by its owners without needing to be operational.

There are times when I can't help feeling the worlds of 'steam railways' and 'road steam' aren't too dissimilar - and when people start universally moaning/complaining/passing comment about what others should do with their engines, especially a collection of them, the two worlds can appear to merge!
Absolutely right but in the case of Thursford I dont think any are in working order and those outside especially one Aveling that Steamboy refers to will soon be down its its knees as there not a lot hodling the front end on and to me does not appear to be appreciated.

Dont get me wrong, Thursford is a great place but sadly lacking the atmosphere only live steam can give.

(only my opinion)

Jim S