View Single Post
  #24  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th September 2012, 08:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Gary Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam Scenes View Post
Can I be grumpy and have just one GDSF wish?

Take this tent down:
It has appeared in the past couple of years (not sure what it is used for) and for members of the general public photographers like myself without a yellow vest it blocks the view so much at the top of the playpen that taking dramatic photographs with the backdrop of the fair are so difficult that it isn't really worth bothering, so I didn't.
If it wasn't there I could share more pictures like this one that I took in 2008 before it was plonked in the way:

Another catch 22 situation for the section leader methinks. It was concieved after too many late night parties in the middle of the camping area at the top of the hill - keeping too many families and children awake. The thinking is/was to provide a place for late night drinking sessions away from the folk trying to sleep. Down side has just been highlighted by David. Guess you can't please all the people all the time.
How about next year Steam Scenes sources a weskit, a massive cap, a tankard and gives me a hand all week - That way you can sit in front of the tent taking pictures as well as sampling the rather nice beer!