View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th June 2023, 08:04 AM
Engineer

Full Name: stephen bullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the highwayman View Post
I think that 11799 was built for some sort of WD requirement, and was, at one time rallied by Bill Druce with a long cab and dynamo. The perch bracket currently fitted appears to be fabricated from steel plate, but 'Originally' had a hydraulic boiler levelling perch bracket, the front wheels look a bit spindly so maybe the recorded history is not as accurate as it could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYS4BOB View Post
Similar to that fitted to Fowler 12754 "Nightmare"?

I've got to be honest and say that 'Your Guess is as Good as Mine' on this one, the perch bracket currently on 11799 bares no resemblance to that on 'Nightmare', but whether it is what 11799 originally had, or has had in the past I really do not know. It is worth remembering that the lifting hydraulics on 'Nightmare' are currently inoperative.

'Nightmare' attended last years Orsett show, so has been out since the broken axle. The large castings that support the axle/third shaft bearings were replaced with new ones, the originals having been damaged when the axle broke, having previously been repaired from working life damage. The new castings are in steel and are certainly a thing of beauty, the patterns having been made by Roy Chapman