View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 24th June 2015, 06:56 AM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

We took the Marshall part finished to a couple of the Plassey rallies, also I think its very first event after steaming, drove her there on the Friday, home on the Sunday night. This was when Bill 'the beard' was the 'steam' officer.

About that time I joined the club and attended some of their meetings. I cant quite remember where the first one was, but in a working mans club in Wrexham somewhere, but also in another at Weston Rhyn

To put it bluntly the club isnt a 'steam' club and there was much resentment evident at the meetings of paying the steamers and giving them coal. I recall Fred Dibnah had made an appearance with Atlas and I think the 'fee' had put a few noses out of joint.

On top of this we had a load of aggro off the 'safety officer' for driving the engine up the hill on the show field (after 5pm) to make it chuff, apparently it was dangerous. Basically he was a prick.

I guess this probably echos the attitude of the security Ken notes at the show.

The Marshall has not been since. Given I'm now nearly 50 miles away, probably never will. There are far better options.