View Single Post
  #16  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st September 2008, 10:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robin Marshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride of Somerset View Post
King of the Belgians was restored by Gordon Bruce, Robert Harrison and Stuart Clark. Robert has looked after the engines at Exmouth for many years. I don't think that John Lee needs 'many a guy to steam it for him' - Gordon, Robert and Stuart are as capable as anyone to do the job - that's why they are allowed to take King of the Belgians to events..... And I don't think that they were 'hired ..... to play with it' either. I believe that all three engines kept at the owner's house have been in the museum in the past. Finally, the owner used to rally his engines himself, at a number of events, including Dorset in Stourpaine days.
Sorry i think that was badly set

I was merely pointing out that they had been ask and chosen to restore it as of the good jobs they have done. The man i spoke to ( cant remember which one) said that he was hoping that they had taken a bit longer as expected to restore and was hoping as he put it to "play" with it a bit after the hard work they put in. As he said that it was a three year contract to restore with it and rally it on behalf of John Lee and The World of Country Life. And i must say that they did a really good job. I know he does not need anyone to play with it as he steams it himself too.

Sorry if this has offended anyone or the owner !

Robin