View Single Post
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 20th August 2013, 12:42 PM
Banned

Full Name: Tom Bowden

The number of engines attending has declined quite sharply and the admission prices have increased and for a disabled person like myself there is a lot of walking trying to locate the various engines. On top of that, parking is too rigidly controlled, last year I had to park nearly two hundred yards away from the entrance in a blue badge parking area as the marshall wanted to fill the line of cars before opening the next line. The next line would have allowed me to park about ten to fifteen yards away from the paygates. This year at Torbay, I used the blue badge parking and was able to park 20 feet away from the paygate. Out of the various rallies which I have attended in recent years, Stithians provides the worst parking facilities for blue badge holders and, on top of that, depending upon the traffic, it is a hour and a half to two hour drive from Ivybridge as Stithians is tucked away from the main A30. In future years, I will only attend if there is something special which I want to see and photograph. Next year, I too will probably go to Boconnoc.