View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st July 2013, 10:40 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tim Spencer

The wheels wanted are for my 7hp standard TE which came with no wheels at all. the rears were put on a single in Tazmania in the 80's to replace a set which had been altered by the owners father (took all the stakes off and put them back on at 45 degees). she lost her fronts a while before that.
i bought what was advertised as an s type compound 4 years ago. it was in fact 2 engines roughly bolted together. A standard 7 hp boiler/ tender and shafts etc with an s type block and crank and some other s type parts crudely bolted to the boiler. we have narrowed the number down with a great deal of help from Marshall8hp and others to one of two possibles from 1906. A friend is hopefully going to be going through the boiler inspectors records later this year, which are very comprehensive, to cross reference a couple of significant repairs. This should verify the engine number. The s type parts have been traced to 83985 of 1928, which was one of 9 6hp 'S' type compounds built as TE's . she was scrapped in the early 50's having wrecked the motion when she primed. I am led to believe of the 9 built 3 survive, 1 in Ireland 1 in Aus and mine, although that info needs verifying.
the s type had the same front wheels as the 6 and 7 hp standards 44" x 9"
I am after front wheels for both.
hope this info is of help, any leads regarding wheels greatly appreciated.
cheers
Tim