View Single Post
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:26 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Brian Wainwright

I just wanted to put this back to the top as the event is this weekend. One thing about this rally, there will be no issues with rain, lots of hard standing.

Also, everyone to there opinion but an event is not necesarily "poor" just because of the quantity of engines present. Not all events command a huge quantity of engines and the geographical location just means there a less engines locally. I do not know the engine numbers for this year but I would guess it would be around 15-20 full size engines and a similar number of miniatures - I stand to be corrected. There are a lot of other things besides steam including the usual vintage vehicles in good numbers, the Wall of Death as part of the fairground and lots of shopping for the other half. Also I understand there is going to be a big Model T Ford gathering on the Saturday as the owners clud stop-off during a big tour.

Additionally, there is also a Steam Apprentice driving day on the Friday so well done to the organisers, Tim Holt and Kevin Lawrence for putting this on too.

I hear Chris Harrison is roading his Fowler RL Western Star on Wednesday evening and as I write this the Levens engines are now going to be moving Thursday morning, with help from Chris.

Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Brian