View Single Post
  #48  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Had a good day ay Masham. Made some new friends and met some old ones from the 1960s. The weather was dry with bouts of hot sunshine. Not as big a crowd as my last visit to Masham in 1969

Lightning II looking imaculate as usual

The Fisher 1.25hp No.41 of 1948. Bought by Jack Falkinbridge of Whitby in 1964 and now part of the Preston's of Potto collection

A McLaren miniature. Quite a bit of conversation about if it is a big 4 inch or a small 6 imch

Beautiful Marshal "Eileen" now looking much better than when I last saw it in the 1960s at Birtley when owned by Freddie Greenwell of Morden near Ferryhill

I know nothing about this one

Derek Rayner's White Rose

The Duke of Ongar. The owner made Doreen very happy a few years ago by allowing her a steer at Corbridge

Roy Wakefield polishing while raising steam and moaning the fact that he does the cleaning then someone pinches his engine for a play - usually Bill Summerell

RS&J Northern Star looking spotless as usual

Foden "Cestria". I would think there are very few engines that have been in one family as long as this one. Ian's Father Henry bought it as a 6 wheeler on solids in 1953. He removed the 3rd axle as there was a problem with it thought to be a damaged diff. Henry converted it to a 4 wheeler on pneumatics. It looks as good now as I remember it in the 60s

New Zealander Bill Summerell's Aveling No. 10575

Marshall 38024. Looks just great in a beautiful shade of blue

Fowler No. 10150 imported from Switzerland. It was the only one not in steam

I always thought that "Puffin Billy" was a railway engine of great age!

The other Supremacy. New to Blands of Gosforth, later to Harbour & General complete with its only driver from new. Retired when its driver retired. Bought by Tom Tate around 1963. I helped convert it from a roller to this tractor in 1966/7 using rubbers off 100 ton internal low-loaders at Consett Steel Works. It then went back to work in the early 1970s hauling a passenger trailer round Light Water Valley at Ripon.