Thread: Weeting rally
View Single Post
  #30  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 01:41 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: paul coupland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterbrett View Post
Firstly, I harbor no grudge mine or anyone else’s! Secondly this I have attended for several years, and enjoy the show. With the constraint of tightening our belt this year, and wanting to spend more time with my girlfriend, Weeting was just one of several shows that unfortunately we decided we would give a miss this year. I feel my phrase is justified, and accurate in regards to several people I know. Personally, I have never been treated there anything other than very well.

At the risk of sounding rude, may I say "personal remarks" such as yours are not needed and didn’t need to be "blasted out" it is irrelevant to the discussion in hand. However points (good or bad) regarding shows are what is needed, and your input is valued.

my remarks regarding the weather is just what the forecast has been saying, and looks like all use silly sods out and about this weekend in the east are going to get wet at some time.

As regards to good luck, I would never wish any show anything except that! Regardless of who’s organizing, what the course is, when it is, where it is or weather I’m going or not.

I will say this for Weeting, it harbors a unusual and possibly unique thing, in regards to its working area, if for nothing else, Weeting rally is worth a visit for this alone, with features such as a wood yard with steam wood sawing being done amongst the trees, steam flour milling, seed hulling, chaff cutting, bailing, and threshing. all being done here, with the two large stationary boilers with their various stationary steam engines close by, and not to mention the full size standard gauge railway (all know the name "mainline" is perhaps a bit over ambitious) with working steam saddle tank engine, and wagons being shunted about. Also a chance to photograph several engines that really make an appearance, indeed several are only steamed at Weeting events.
No james the real reason you didnt go is that you wasnt ask to help this year as we had a full team on foden protable and ploughing engines. Oh and you have only been twice!

and my old mate Dan is right. was good days when you and your father used to come when we was in the old field when there was 100+ engines there good times by all,