Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sheffield Steam Rally (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=31765)

chief polisher 24th June 2014 09:39 PM

Sheffield Steam Rally

Is on this weekend at North Anston.

We will be roading Aveling 7778 over from Tickhill on Friday, then back on Sunday evening.

Regards

Matt

berti 25th June 2014 04:19 PM

Will be there with our miniature,A good Rally EVERY year

dante 25th June 2014 09:04 PM

Only going as a visitor, the field is a bit rough for small engines. Been going for years and always enjoy it.

towd crank 27th June 2014 12:43 PM

We are driving our Wallis over from Tickhill Saturday morning - very early start.
Sound like we might get a bit damp if the forecast is right.

steam snapper 28th June 2014 07:04 PM

Has anyone got info about the condition of the ground today ??

The Pirate 28th June 2014 07:52 PM

No problems at all.
Called in for an hour this afternoon, as I was passing by on the way North.
Saw a couple of new engines to me.
All moving about just fine.
Great little rally.
Had a bonus of free entry too, as it was 3.45 when we got there.

craigctt 29th June 2014 11:25 PM

I had never been to this event before, but went at the last minute this year. A cracking rally. I would just like to thank the organisers for making us so very welcome. The rally site is perfect, but I think more Commercials, cars and stationionary should go. Thanks to all in involved . We had a great time and nice to meet people we didn't no. Put the date date in your books for next year.

berti 30th June 2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigctt (Post 304782)
I had never been to this event before, but went at the last minute this year. A cracking rally. I would just like to thank the organisers for making us so very welcome. The rally site is perfect, but I think more Commercials, cars and stationionary should go. Thanks to all in involved . We had a great time and nice to meet people we didn't no. Put the date date in your books for next year.

I agree a brilliant rally I have been going a number of years with our miniature,really good organisation and a real happy rally,I think they could hold a rally in the middle of winter on that rock solid field!!

carlight 30th June 2014 05:14 PM

Happy rally sums it up - its relaxed and friendly - nothing is too much trouble for the organisers, even a map to the local supermarket is available! Beer is £2.50 a pint which is pretty good compared to most rallies, play pen which everyone can use - a great weekend!

Cygnus X-1 30th June 2014 05:18 PM

Always a good rally at Sheffield , the playpen is a big plus in my opinion .
The weather could have been better on Sunday but other than the one rain interlude it was dry if overcast .
I don't know how much rain there was in the area before the show but the ground was very firm .

Dave