Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wollaton park... (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=16844)

suzukiman 26th April 2011 12:29 PM

Wollaton park...

Anyone going to Wollaton Park rally this weekend ?.

Cheers

Tez

Cygnus X-1 26th April 2011 07:03 PM

I was considering whether to go , not having been before can anyone give any details as to what is likely to be there.

Cheers

Dave

8_10 Brass Cleaner 26th April 2011 07:17 PM

a hill with a house on it. In the yard withing the house you will see a rook of slowly rotting ploughing tackle.

There is a museum mostly full of stationary type steam engines, but also a odd little portable (by J T Marshall), a good green K7 ploughing engine with a roof sometimes seen in steam, also a bad one with bits missing in the museum.

Timothy Hackworth Jr 26th April 2011 09:29 PM

Still worth supporting, as the sword hangs over it...

TractionTime 27th April 2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygnus X-1 (Post 158802)
I was considering whether to go , not having been before can anyone give any details as to what is likely to be there.

Amongst a dozen or so other fine engines theres always one of only a few chances a year to catch a glimpse of this beauty!

1929 Fowler K7 Ploughing Engine (VO8987) 12nhp Engine No 17757
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruston 27th April 2011 05:48 PM

Take cover in Nottingham 4 engines are roading in on Friday , and the Fowler plougher was new to Nottingham corporation and worked on there sewerage farm at Stoke Bardolph , the englne sheds are still there .

single minded 27th April 2011 08:46 PM

15 engines due I am told

The ones I know of are Fowler BB1, Fowler 14HP single, Ruston 7HP, Tiger Tractor, Clayton 7HP not sure who the other ten are but a road train of four engines on Friday will cause a stir for those not glued to the box on London based events..........

Lancashire Lad 28th April 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by single minded (Post 158924)
15 engines due I am told

The ones I know of are Fowler BB1, Fowler 14HP single, Ruston 7HP, Tiger Tractor, Clayton 7HP not sure who the other ten are but a road train of four engines on Friday will cause a stir for those not glued to the box on London based events..........

You forgot the Rumour millers engine!

Wallace 28th April 2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by single minded (Post 158924)
15 engines due I am told

Which way are they coming into the city and when? roads should be quiet in the morning at least! My little girl wants to watch the wedding but I know that she will be more impressed with seeing the engines on the road!

Danny

steamy windows 28th April 2011 08:06 PM

just listen for the clatter and rattling of that old ruston or just look for the green smoke lol