Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Clutch master cylinder for ERF (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=37497)

marshall45825 16th February 2016 11:37 PM

Clutch master cylinder for ERF

Having found the Clutch master cylinder is leaking badly on our ERF B series I have been scouting around for a replacement. Didn't think it would be that hard to get hold of one but so far have drawn a blank.

The part in question is a Girling 1" bore with both old style and new style part numbers.
PML169

If anyone has a new or serviceable second hand one to sell or alternatively any pointers in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Thanks
David.

Broken Firebar 17th February 2016 06:25 AM

Try A.N. Richards. 01691 777835. They might be able to help.

rustexpert 17th February 2016 06:32 AM

Assuming it is worn and wont reseal get it sleeved with stainless; a few places offer this in the vintage commercial mags.

marshall45825 17th February 2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustexpert (Post 357670)
Assuming it is worn and wont reseal get it sleeved with stainless; a few places offer this in the vintage commercial mags.

Thanks Phil.

This has been suggested by the one local commercial factors that I thought would have been a dead cert. The only problem being that they want about three weeks to turn it around. Could do with one a bit sooner and was thinking if I could find one to get me going for now and then have the old one treated without the pressures of time.

I do quite like the idea of do it in stainless and not worry about it again.thumbsup

sparkright 17th February 2016 06:25 PM

Past Parts did some cylinders for me - well recommended, and the machinist at the time owned a steam roller...!

dave85 17th February 2016 10:16 PM

Is the one on the scrap cab in worse condition, David?

marshall8hp 18th February 2016 12:00 AM

Re sleeving works very well. I had all wheel cylinders and the master cylinder on my EDL Bedford done and also the wheel cylinders on my Studebaker US6. Not particularly expensive, well at least not here. My local brake shop has "a little man in the village" who does the work to order. I think the whole lot, 18 wheel cylinders and a master cylinder cost about $1,200.

marshall45825 18th February 2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave85 (Post 357727)
Is the one on the scrap cab in worse condition, David?

Not sure there is one on it but will have a look next time I'm over.

marshall45825 18th February 2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshall8hp (Post 357731)
Re sleeving works very well. I had all wheel cylinders and the master cylinder on my EDL Bedford done and also the wheel cylinders on my Studebaker US6. Not particularly expensive, well at least not here. My local brake shop has "a little man in the village" who does the work to order. I think the whole lot, 18 wheel cylinders and a master cylinder cost about $1,200.

From what I understand the process was developed in Australia and exported over here. The company Kev mentioned even states on their web site that the Aussie techs came over to deliver training.

I think it's a good process and a worthwhile investment, it's just a time issue for me at the moment.

Roller collector 18th February 2016 07:31 AM

As Tony says, try A&N Richards, but I doubt they will. Their stores used to be an Alladins cave, but they knocked it down and built a new one, about 7 years ago, and I think a lot of the old stock went then.

The other place worth ringing is SBS Services in Wrexham, and speak to either Paul or Andrew. It's amazing what they have on their shelves.
01978 352035

Arial.