Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DIY Brass Founding - Norfolk - June (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=30783)

The Idle Fellow 22nd March 2014 08:44 AM

DIY Brass Founding - Norfolk - June

I'm not sure whether it is appropriate to mention this here - if not, please advise. However I think it will be of interest to TT members in the Norfolk/Suffolk area.
On Sunday 15th June, at the Forncett Steam Museum (NR16 1JJ), we will be having a talk and demonstration of small scale foundry work by Noel Shelley. If you saw the TV series 'Made in Britain', featuring Fred Dibnah, you may remember the brass plate bearing the series title which appeared in the opening sequence. This was made by Noel using the home made furnace which he will be demonstrating, after he has described the how and why of his methods.
The programme will start at 2.00 pm with the talk. This will be followed, after a break for refreshments, with the demonstration. Finally there will be the option of a guided tour of the museum (not in steam).

There will be a charge of £10.00 for the event – payable on the day.

Please PM me if you'd like any more details.

Bill.

Paul30013 22nd March 2014 02:46 PM

Well worth a visit I would say. We had Noel down to our club one evening and did some casting in the field, very interesting and knowledgeable fellow, he is a real character. If you want a good demonstration of making a pattern, boxing it up and making a casting you won't be disappointed.

Paul.

The Idle Fellow 30th May 2014 02:03 PM

Not long now till the talk and demonstration of making small brass castings at Forncett - 15th June. There is still room for a few more people, but please reserve your place so we know how many to cater for/accommodate. Thanks. Hope to see you there.
Bill.

ross anderson 30th May 2014 07:27 PM

will try and get up there,Pending time and Wallis.May be moving to this area as soon as I find some work.

The Idle Fellow 11th June 2014 09:13 PM

Bump!

(Not come across this use of the word before I joined TT. Anyone know its origin?)

Aveling 8837 11th June 2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Fellow (Post 303230)
Bump!

(Not come across this use of the word before I joined TT. Anyone know its origin?)

It started appearing on older message boards where you would 'Bump' a thread back to the top of the listing.

woodypup59 12th June 2014 10:56 AM

I'd love to come, but have another thing on.

Maybe next time ???

single speed 16th June 2014 02:18 PM

Had a very pleasant afternoon at Forncett yesterday.

Learnt a fair bit from Noel, and it has prompted usto have a go ourselves. If we succeed i'll post the pics here on TT.
Thanks to Bill Starling for organising the event.

Looking forward to taking the Sentalike to the model engineers day in october.

steamy1 16th June 2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Fellow (Post 303230)
Bump!

Think Dodgem cars.