Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2021 Rallys (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=46964)

plateman 30th November 2020 07:50 AM

2021 Rallys

I see that Kelsall and 1000 Engine both cancelled already, both in June I believe.

Gaudin98 30th November 2020 08:01 AM

I don't see how any society can plan there event and lay out money in advance with the currant government in charge. There is no continuity, what was good on Tuesday is bad on Wednesday. More U turns than you can poke a stick at. How can you plan with such a poor record of consistency.

ferguson_tom 30th November 2020 12:27 PM

Shame they have cancelled so early especially with light (supposedly) at the end of the tunnel.

I would think a negotiation with most suppliers if not all could be based on the proviso they get paid if the event goes ahead due to government restrictions, or have a cut off date closer to the event to cancel and not get hit with any cancellation penalties etc. This would dramatically reduce the potetial losses to organizers and hopefully give them the confidence to at least give it a go.

weidner 30th November 2020 01:32 PM

I think that all we can count on is continued chaos .
Rant drowned at birth !

cwebb 30th November 2020 03:04 PM

I guess it's going to be small events and road runs. Bressingham Steam in Miniature worked well in August.

Mr B 30th November 2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwebb (Post 430116)
I guess it's going to be small events and road runs. Bressingham Steam in Miniature worked well in August.

Bressingham has the benefit of infrastructure and owning its site.

I doubt any big events will get going till the tail end, some of the larger rallies may sneak in but it'll be difficult.

Remember - they are only talking about having the most vulnerable vaccinated for Easter time. There are still a lot of people to go after that.

ruston3hp 30th November 2020 07:18 PM

The North Rode event in June is also cancelled, they are hoping to run the September event though.

Pete.

Sick of brasso 30th November 2020 08:40 PM

We have roads, vehicles and picnics. Thats my year sorted!!

Steam Baz 30th November 2020 08:46 PM

You also gota remember cancellation insurance i bet you wont get cover next year if this comes back

craigctt 30th November 2020 08:54 PM

The organisers of the Isle of Man TT have also recentley cancelled next year which brings in millions for the islands economy. I know it's not steam (but there is steam on the Island). IMO even if a vaccine is rolled out in the next few months, or the virus dies out naturally. I wouldn't bet on any steam rallys going on in the UK during 2021. And IMO it's the best thing. We all need to be safe and not contract the virus, nor spread it on. Leave the rallys out until corona has gone, dusted and we are safe. Any organiser of any gathering of any sort of event, who is organising for 2021, needs to think and not be stupid. Lives are worth a lot more than money in my opinion. Hopefully we will all still be here in 2022