Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Boiler inspector yorkshire (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=46099)

Tony300678 29th March 2020 11:08 AM

Boiler inspector yorkshire

Looking for a boiler inspector for my large scale model who covers the west yorkshire area. Any recommendations? Obviously have to wait for all this mess to sort itself out before doing the actual test but maybe able to start paperwork side and advise so its ready to go when we are not on lock down.
Any help appreciated
Tony

marshall45825 29th March 2020 12:37 PM

PM sent.

Robey1928 29th March 2020 06:09 PM

P.M. sent.

1882 29th March 2020 07:01 PM

Donald is your man, a whole wealth of experience and a thoroughly nice chap aswell.

Theres always Dave and Matt Wothers, they do mine!

single speed 29th March 2020 08:12 PM

Would recommend Jonathan Wheeler. He’s up north regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Idle Fellow 30th March 2020 10:12 AM

Jonathan does a good job for me and the Forncett Steam Museum. I know some people have said he is a bit cautious, well so am I when it's my face next to my Burrell and the general public next to the Cochran at the museum.

4 Inch SCCBurrell 31st March 2020 12:11 PM

Hi,
I can recommend Chris Shuttleworth, he is based in East Yorkshire, Foston on the Wolds.
He does both my 6" McLaren, and 9" Burrell, so is used to big scale models, very reliable, and professional.
His number is 07970452092.
Regards
Ian Jenner

single speed 31st March 2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Fellow (Post 421598)
Jonathan does a good job for me and the Forncett Steam Museum. I know some people have said he is a bit cautious, well so am I when it's my face next to my Burrell and the general public next to the Cochran at the museum.

I would much rather have a cautious inspector than one who does his testing without getting out of the car! Whilst I like to think I've been around boilers long enough to know if they're safe or not before I call the inspector out there's always the possibly that we've missed something. That's why we employ a professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony300678 31st March 2020 11:47 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies and messages.hopefully sorted now and can move closer to getting that first fire in the engine

113043 1st April 2020 06:59 PM

Thanks for your suggestions folks, but I am not working at the moment

I am respecting the government lock down and not travelling.

I consider the coronavirus pandemic to be a threat to life as we know it and travelling round the country irresponsible at this time. Yes it will hit me in the pocket at this my busiest time of year, but I consider health is more important than money.

I heard today of an inspector still travelling half the length of the country to do an inspection, even stopping on route to fit another job in; I ask you is this right?

Stay safe folks, stay at home. We are all in this together.

JW