Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   For-Sale Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Toyota pickup , equipped for A bar and with hard top . (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=45536)

weidner 1st November 2019 10:04 AM

Toyota pickup , equipped for A bar and with hard top .

Time to sell the best vehicle I have ever had .

I am now doing less with my engine , and the time has come to change to a smaller vehicle . So - genuine reason for sale .

Toyota Hilux Pickup , single cab , 12 reg . 2.4 litre turbo charged diesel , 4 wd , diff lock , low range . rear tow hitch , ball and jaw . Only 60,000 miles , all rural , main road . Bought from my previous employers who had it new . Ply lined loadspace . Trade use was for carrying new industrial diesel engines .

Two front attachments for an A bar , or a front tow hitch for difficult manoevring . These front jaws slide into sockets bolted to the chassis member and secured with a spring loaded pin . Supplied By Watling . This has been used for the past three seasons to tow behind my engine with a full load of coal and 15gals. of water , without the least complication . It has also enabled me to push the engine over a mile when stopped with appalling coal and when night was falling . 'A' bar not supplied , it belongs to the threshing box . Rated to carry 22cwt , but capable of much more .

There is a matching Truckman hard top , and a tonneau cover with a very full set of support rails for the tonneau .

Radio and CD player .

Interior is good , but drivers mat worn . Paint and underneath excellent , allowing for usual small pickup marks oround tailgate .
Regularly serviced , 5 m mot , would get 12 m if you want .

Remarkably good brakes , 100 mph , about 30 mpg . Two new tyres , other two 50 and 70 % . Good acceleration with 2nd generation turbo .

What more can I say , Toyota are the toughest pick ups , used by every militia and war lord in the middle east . Will carry a dozen desperados and a bren gun in comfort .

£ 10,000 .

Bob Allison , 01327 - 87 77 86 , jrballison@btinternet.com , or PM here on TT .

Photos available in a few days ( camera on loan )

weidner 1st November 2019 01:06 PM

That should read 150 gallons of water

weidner 1st November 2019 03:10 PM

PPS Location in Midlands .

weidner 4th December 2019 02:08 PM

BUMP !

weidner 2nd March 2020 10:25 AM

So , spring is sprung , and I need to get my finger out . I now have a full set of photos ready to email to those interested , and I shall now book the pick up in for a new MoT . I have it insured on Walker Midgelys' low loader and tender vehicle policy at a realistic rate , some insurers not wanting to know about commercial vehicles used privately . Vehicle is in Daventry , Northamptonshire , near Watford Gap services on the M ! .

Oh , yes , price reduced to £ 9,000 , hard price .

Ring me on 01327 - 87 77 86 , in waking hours .

weidner 6th March 2020 10:12 AM

Bump
Going for fresh MoT on Wednesday