Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lister CS6/1 wanted (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=40124)

carl_byrne 24th January 2017 11:34 PM

All mad as hatters!!

Cheers Carl.

geo 25th January 2017 08:11 AM

Mr Gunn,

I have to disagree re. Fowler BB1, everybody knows thy're built altogether wrong, the winch drum ought not be underneath, thy're built any old how, that John Fowler was an ignorant man he was ignorant as a pig.

Geo

Proff 25th January 2017 10:23 AM

Well, you have upset me now, I'm off to find my old WW2 gas mask and impersonate an elephant.

geo 25th January 2017 08:10 PM

Mr Gunn,

As usual you're all in a fog.

HERCULES 9068 27th January 2017 04:20 PM

As we are all coming out of europe....................

Do we still have fishing rights to trawl for the sea scopium ?

I could make a fishing hook if I had a sketch of it,

I could also make a clonking iron to stun it after it's caught,

You could stun it with a Wallis and Stevens ash pan rake................. Probably be a bit flimsy ...............just like a Wallis engine.

A Fowler rake would do a better job , probably take two men to lift it though !

What about an Aveling ashpan rake ? Trouble is an Aveling driver is too busy throwing coal into his boiler to have any time to stun a scopium, ( Aveling and Porter, coal and water )........................( see what I did there...........it rhymes )

Tasker tractors....................... probably have an ash pan rake same size as a Mamod................too small.

Mclaren ash pan rake ? Anyone got the phone number of Baldwin crane hire ?

How about a Zettlemeyer ash pan rake ?..................YUK.............Dont even go there,

A Garrett ? same as a Wallis................

I know, let's use a Burrell ash pan rake to stun the scopium, It would be sleek, stylish, well designed, ergonomic ( if you know what that means ) , well painted , and well engineered, just like a Burrell engine,

If we needed to haul the scopium up the beach, we could have a Burrell in front to pull the load, and a Fowler on the back to make all the noise !!

PS, Chris Edmonds once told me If both a road loco and a 5 ton tractor run over your foot.............You'll find there is very little difference between them !!!!!

00000 27th January 2017 10:25 PM

Richard, thats very good for 5.20 pm.

Proff 28th January 2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HERCULES 9068 (Post 379680)
As we are all coming out of europe....................

Do we still have fishing rights to trawl for the sea scopium ?

I could make a fishing hook if I had a sketch of it,

I could also make a clonking iron to stun it after it's caught,

You could stun it with a Wallis and Stevens ash pan rake................. Probably be a bit flimsy ...............just like a Wallis engine.

A Fowler rake would do a better job , probably take two men to lift it though !

What about an Aveling ashpan rake ? Trouble is an Aveling driver is too busy throwing coal into his boiler to have any time to stun a scopium, ( Aveling and Porter, coal and water )........................( see what I did there...........it rhymes )

Tasker tractors....................... probably have an ash pan rake same size as a Mamod................too small.

Mclaren ash pan rake ? Anyone got the phone number of Baldwin crane hire ?

How about a Zettlemeyer ash pan rake ?..................YUK.............Dont even go there,

A Garrett ? same as a Wallis................

I know, let's use a Burrell ash pan rake to stun the scopium, It would be sleek, stylish, well designed, ergonomic ( if you know what that means ) , well painted , and well engineered, just like a Burrell engine,

If we needed to haul the scopium up the beach, we could have a Burrell in front to pull the load, and a Fowler on the back to make all the noise !!

PS, Chris Edmonds once told me If both a road loco and a 5 ton tractor run over your foot.............You'll find there is very little difference between them !!!!!

Outstanding, absolutely outstanding Mr Green.........thank you!

geo 28th January 2017 08:42 PM

Re Sea Scopium hook, as I mentioned in a previous post Mr. Beeching has one ready for our expedition in the semi submersible ,

I had an Artisan blacksmith make one for him at a little steam do in Camerton Somerset a few years back.

I have given up on my quest for said Lister for our marine power plant, I believe Charles Burrell once made marine triple expansion engines, I think Mr Green would approve, Start looking.

Johnny

Proff 28th January 2017 09:03 PM

Has anyone seen my spanner??!

HERCULES 9068 29th January 2017 01:25 PM

Is it a Metric spanner , or a proper one ?