Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Show Reports (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Preston Services December Open Weekend (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=5169)

Fowlers are the best 27th December 2008 10:20 PM

Yes, I'm told it was.

minicooper 28th December 2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudlid (Post 45929)
I will be there tomorrow
Was lion there anywhere??

Mudlid

On the left, Fowler 14115 and on the right, Ruston Hornsby 169167

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3266/...018234d2_o.jpg

buzzy bee 28th December 2008 11:49 AM

How many engines has list brain got down there roughly?

StuartJGray 28th December 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy bee (Post 45945)
How many engines has list brain got down there roughly?

Dave, give the guy some respect, his name is Michael List-Brain. He has a large collection and museum, most engines are pretty interesting and it's good of him to open up his premises for those who want a nose around. Some of you guys may not like the guy as you may not like me or anyone else, but he's been responsible for bringing many engines and some very rare ones at that back to this country, helped increase the value of most engines in this country and in my dealings with him been entirely honourable in his dealings. At least call him Michael or Mr. It keeps things civil and polite.

SG

YYS4BOB 28th December 2008 04:25 PM

Went down today, and had a very pleasant time. How many engines?? Goodness knows, as difficult to count all the derilicts in the barn now it's all fenced off.
Regarding the above post, respect and courtesy cost nothing, something sadly forgotten by a lot of people these days.

buzzy bee 28th December 2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartJGray (Post 45951)
Dave, give the guy some respect, his name is Michael List-Brain. He has a large collection and museum, most engines are pretty interesting and it's good of him to open up his premises for those who want a nose around. Some of you guys may not like the guy as you may not like me or anyone else, but he's been responsible for bringing many engines and some very rare ones at that back to this country, helped increase the value of most engines in this country and in my dealings with him been entirely honourable in his dealings. At least call him Michael or Mr. It keeps things civil and polite.

SG

I don't know the chap, and sorry I asked the question, I won't bother in future!

Everyone around me are known by there last names, Garner, Huntbach, Tomo etc, I have respect for most. In future if you have a problem please pm me and mention it to me, I will gladly change it, no need to write a patronising message like this.

Hope I am not offending you but I am offended by you! Just a little thought for others feelings as you say about my post.

Dave

graemejudge 28th December 2008 05:59 PM

dont worry buzzy bee gray by name gray by nature

StuartJGray 28th December 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy bee (Post 45981)
I don't know the chap, and sorry I asked the question, I won't bother in future!

Everyone around me are known by there last names, Garner, Huntbach, Tomo etc, I have respect for most. In future if you have a problem please pm me and mention it to me, I will gladly change it, no need to write a patronising message like this.

Hope I am not offending you but I am offended by you! Just a little thought for others feelings as you say about my post.

Dave

Sorry Dave, you have a point, I should have PM'd you. Sometimes I feel MLB gets alot of stick for doing his bit, just because he makes a few bob or two. I appreciate you meant no personal offence to MLB and I didn't to you. I suppose I am of the old school. Unlike some other people on this site as immediately above who are deliberately set out to offend. Sadly I am somewhat puzzelled by the two guys who consider his post useful ! I'll ask them both when I see them.

Notsur Rotcorp 29th December 2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartJGray (Post 46004)
Sadly I am somewhat puzzelled by the two guys who consider his post useful ! I'll ask them both when I see them.

It amused me. No more, no less.

Sir John 29th December 2008 05:38 PM

"Has there ever been a line up of 6 different makes of steam wagon before?"

We had 8 or 9 different (depends if you consider Jim Calders Bread Van a Wagon or not) makers at Kemble a few years back, and I believe Dorset had 12 for their Wagon year.

Looked a fantastic day at Prestons though. I will have to get there one year.